Data security plays a major role in current age. Privacy matters a lot. Data masking is one of the Key Features when comes to security.
- In MySQL community versions if you want to mask your data, You can go with a Maxscale load balancer.
- They introduced a new masking filter on the Maxscale 2.1 version.
- My colleague Prasanth written about column-level data masking. For reference click here Column Level Data Masking.
- In MySQL 8.0 Enterprise they have introduced a new security feature called data masking.
- This feature was introduced in MySQL 8.0.13 Enterprise Edition and it provides data masking and de-identification capabilities.
What is Masking ?
- Transformation of existing data to mask it and remove …