SQL SELECT INTO Statement Tutorial With Example is today’s topic. The SQL SELECT INTO STATEMENT is used to create a table from an existing table by copying the contents of the current table to the new table. The critical point to note here is that the column and data type of column must be the same. See the following syntax.
Select column(s) INTO new_table from old_table_name where(condition).
- Column(s): Name of the columns which we want to copy.
- INTO: This is a keyword which is used to perform the copy operation.
- New_table: Name of the new table which will be created.
- Old_table_name: Name of the old table from where we are copying.
- Where(condition): This is used for imposing conditions into the select statement.
#SQL SELECT INTO Statement
The SELECT INTO statement copies the data from …[Read more]