First of all, if you want a guide on how to deploy MySQL in Oracle Cloud, then the best place to start is here.
So, what are we going to do here?
- Create an Oracle Storage container to keep our backups safe.
- Run a MySQL Enterprise Backup from on-premise 5.7 MySQL (GPL or Enterprise) streaming to our Oracle Storage container.
- Create an Oracle Cloud MySQL instance initiated from the previously backed up instance.
What data do we have:
- An e-mail address that you signed up to Oracle MySQL Cloud Service with.
- An IdentityDomain.
- You might also have a Data Centre assigned, as this can be chosen when you sign up.
And now, let’s go through how to get our data into the cloud and into a running MySQL instance:
To make things simpler, …[Read more]