MySQL operations in Docker is a three-hour tutorial, and it will be an expansion of the talk by the same title presented at OOW. Attendees who want to play along can do it, by coming prepared with Docker 1.11 or later and the following images already pulled (images with [+] are mandatory, while [-] are optional):
10 Older Entries »
The schedule to Percona Live Europe 2016 is being finalized. It should be published soon, and it will include 3 hour and 6 hour tutorials, regular 50-minute talks, and shorter 25-minutes talks. It will not include, however, the lightning talks, a session comprising several 5-minute talks, and they are missing from the initial schedule for two reasons:
- We want to offer a chance to all attendees to propose a lightning talk for some time. We would like to have more quality material to choose from.
- They will not be in the conference venue. Instead, they will be hosted at Booking, during the community dinner.
Unlike in previous editions, though, the lightning talks will …[Read more]
The call for participation for Percona Live Data Performance Conference 2016 is still open. Deadline for submission is November 29th.
There are two immediately noticeable novelties in this edition:
- The name change. Not "MySQL & Expo" but "Data Performance Conference." It makes the conference open to a broader set of topics.
- The community voting. Proposals can get evaluated by the community before the review committee takes decisions.
I think it's a good choice. Other conferences adopt the same method. The attendees choose what they want to see and hear. In this case, it's mixed method, where the community voting is used as an indication for the review committee, which, by my understanding, has the final say.
Vote for my proposals!
Below are my proposals. Clicking on the links below …[Read more]
Registration for the Percona Live Amsterdam conference community dinner at Booking.com is ongoing. Please note the following:
- By Monday noon the kitchen will make the necessary purchasing. At this time we will have to give them a number, which we will not exceed.
- The number we will give them is $(number of registrants Monday 12:00) + X, X being a constant
- Those X tickets will be available until Tuesday 12:00
- After which the registration is closed. We wish to avoid throwing away food, on one hand, as well as respect those who have reserved place and avoid running out of food, on the other.
Entry to the Booking.com building will be made …[Read more]
In a week's time I'll be speaking at Percona Live Amsterdam. I will be presenting:
Managing and Visualizing your replication
topologies with Orchestrator
23 September 4:20PM
I …[Read more]
I am attending Percona Live Amsterdam 2015 on September 21-23, 2015.
I will be on stage three times:
- September 22nd at 2:10pm Pivot tables: analytics in pure SQL
- September 23rd at 2:10pm The future of replication is today: new features in practice
- September 23rd at 5:10pm as host and speaker in the Lightning talks
My first talk is a topic that has ben among my favorites for long time: I published an article about it in 2001, and several …[Read more]
Facebook, with 1.49 billion monthly active users, is one of the world’s top MySQL users. Simon Martin, a production engineer on Facebook’s MySQL Infrastructure team, has been working with MySQL for most of his career, starting from 2 servers built out of spare parts and moving through to one of the largest deployments in the world.
Simon will be sharing some of the challenges Facebook has tackled as it rolled out semi-synchronous replication across the company’s different services at Percona Live Amsterdam on Sept. 22. His talk is aptly titled, “The highs and lows of semi-synchronous replication.” I sat down, virtually, with Simon the other day. Our conversation is below, but first, as a special reward to my readers, save €20 on your Percona Live registration by entering promo code …[Read more]
Keeping up with tradition, there will be a community event held at the upcoming Percona Live Europe: Amsterdam 2015 conference.
This year, Booking.com will be hosting the event at the company's headquarters in the heart of Amsterdam.
We will hold a community dinner (dish selection, includes vegetarian; beverages will be served) in our caffeteria and hope to add some spicy activities to the event!
Space is limited, and tickets can be purchased via Eventbrite.
Special thanks to Daniël van Eeden and Jean-François Gagné for their work in making this happen!
Tuesday, September 22, 2015 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM (CEST)
Herengracht 597, …
We had a great time meeting with folks from the industry and are excited about the innovations being pursued by the community and various companies.
Videos of our keynote panel participation and talks are available now.
Percona Live 2015 Keynote Panel discussion - Ritesh Chhajer
10 Older Entries »