One of the cool new features in 5.7 Release Candidate is Multi
Source Replication, as I previously looked into in 5.7.5 DMR.
I’ve had more and more people like the idea of this, so here’s a
quick set-up as to what’s needed and how it could work.
1. Prepare master environments.
2. Prepare 40 masters for replication.
3. Create slave.
4. Insert data into the Masters.
* I originally tried running 50 mysql’s but I just ran out of
resources on my old pc, so it’s at 40.
* The real key behind this scenario is that each of the masters
has a unique centre_code that is implicitly inserted via the app
& users at that site. i.e. no other site will want to modify
any data that was entered from that site, e.g. call centre
reclaims dept for specific areas / regions, CNC …[Read more]