If you’re in Barcelona next week you may be interested in the MySQL Meetup being held there by the Barcelona MySQL Meetup group on Wednesday 7th July at 7pm. I’ll be doing a talk on MySQL Failover and Orchestration and there will be opportunity to talk about MySQL and related topics afterwards. More information can … Continue reading Barcelona MySQL Users Group Meetup on 5th July
10 Older Entries »
- I’m thrilled to naturally be at Percona Live Europe Amsterdam from Oct 3-5 2016. I have previously talked about some of my sessions but I think there’s another one on the schedule already.
- LinuxCon Europe – Oct 4-6 2016. I won’t be there for the whole conference, but hope to make the most of my day on Oct 6th.
- MariaDB Developer’s meeting – Oct 6-8 2016 – skipping the first day, but will be there all day 2 and 3. I even have a session on day 3, focused on compatibility with MySQL, a topic I deeply care about ( …
A few events, but mostly circling around London:
- Open collaboration – an O’Reilly Online Conference, at 10am PT, Tuesday September 13 2016 – I’m going to be giving a new talk titled Forking Successfully. I’ve seen how the platform works, and I’m looking forward to trying this method out (its like a webminar but not quite!)
- September MySQL London Meetup – I’m going to focus on MySQL, a branch, Percona Server and the fork MariaDB Server. This will be interesting because one of the reasons you don’t see a huge Emacs/XEmacs push after about 20 years? Feature parity. And the work that’s going into MySQL 8.0 is mighty interesting.
I know this is a tad late, but there have been some changes, etc. recently, so apologies for the delay of this post. I still hope to meet many of you to chat about MySQL/Percona Server/MariaDB Server, MongoDB, open source databases, and open source in general in the remainder of August 2016.
- LinuxCon+ContainerCon North America – August 22-24 2016 – Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada – I’ll be speaking about lessons one can learn from database failures and enjoying the spectacle that is the 25th anniversary of Linux!
- Chicago MySQL Meetup Group – August 29 2016 – Vivid Seats, Chicago, IL – more lessons from database failures here, and I’m looking forward to meeting users, etc. in the Chicago area
- Texas LinuxFest – July 8-9 2016 – Austin, Texas – I’ve never spoken at this event before but have heard great things about it. I’ve got a morning talk about what’s in MariaDB Server 10.1, and what’s coming in 10.2.
- db tech showcase – July 13-15 2016 – Tokyo, Japan – I’ve regularly spoken at this event and its a case of a 100% pure database conference, with a very captive audience. I’ll be talking about the lessons one can learn from other people’s database failures (this is the kind of talk that keeps on changing and getting better as the software improves).
I’m happy to be back in London in May 2016, to talk at two events:
- The London MySQL Meetup Group – Monday May 9 – 6.30 PM – 9.00 PM – options for High Availability in the ecosystem that one would consider today. This is a cut down from my Percona Live tutorial, which had about 88 registered attendees and about that amount showed up and asked questions even through the break and after. I had a lot of fun, and I expect I will have similar fun in London talking about this area that has changed a lot in recent times.
- Data for the Enterprise – MariaDB Roadshow in London – Wednesday, May 11, 2016 from 9:30 AM to 2:00 …
We had the first MariaDB Berlin Meetup on Tuesday 12.04.2016 at the Wikimedia Berlin offices at 7pm. More or less there were over 54 people that attended the event, a mix of MariaDB Corporation employees and community members. We competed with the entertainment at the AWS Summit Berlin which was apparently about 400m away! Food and drink were enjoyed by all, and most importantly there were many, many lightning talks (minimum 5 minutes, maximum 10 minutes – most were about 6-7 minutes long).
The bonus of all of this? Lots and lots of slides for you to see. Grab them from the Google Drive folder MariaDB Berlin meetup April 2016.
- Monty talked …
Come meet the MariaDB Server and MariaDB MaxScale developers in Berlin (April 12 2016), talk about new upcoming things in MariaDB Server 10.2, as well as the next MariaDB MaxScale releases. Let’s not forget the talks about the upcoming developments with the Connectors.
It will be a fun-filled, information-packed night. Food & drink will be provided.
For more information and the opportunity to RSVP check-out our meetup page. RSVP soon as we only have 99 spaces available.
If you are in Helsinki on Thursday next week March 17th, join us for the MariaDB meetup at Solinor. MariaDB team members will present the latest on MariaDB 10.1, MaxScale and MariaDB’s future roadmap. On stage Rasmus Johansson VP Engineering, MariaDB Corporation and Johan Wikman & Markus Mäkelä, developers of MaxScale. See the meetup page […]
10 Older Entries »