This is a quick reminder that on Thursday (tomorrow) there there is a Madrid MySQL Users Group Meeting where Giuseppe Maxia will be presenting dbdeployer to us. More information can be found here. Do not forget to sign up if you are interested. We look forward to seeing you there.
10 Older Entries »
This is a quick reminder that this week there are 2 MySQL User Group Meetings (Amsterdam and Madrid) where we will be talking about Scaling MySQL. Guest speaker will be Morgan Tocker from PingCap who will talk about TiDB. More information: MySQL User Group NL meetup taking place on Monday (presenting: Morgan, Daniël and Simon) … Continue reading Reminder: MySQL User Group NL and Madrid MySQL User Group Meetups presenting Scaling MySQL this week (Monday/Thursday)
[ English ] – texto en español abajo We’re pleased to announce the next Madrid MySQL Users Group meetup which will take place on the 15th of November at 19:00. Sign up details can be found here. There’ll also be a similar meetup in Amsterdam on the 12th November hosted by a colleague. Details here. … Continue reading 2018-11-15: Announcing: Scaling MySQL with TiDB, Vitess and MySQL Cluster at Madrid MySQL Users Group
The Madrid MySQL Users Group has been a bit quiet recently so we thought it would be good to have a meeting again. The next meeting will take place next on Wednesday, 25th April and will cover Galera Cluster (Presentation by Emanuele Mottola). We will also talk about MySQL 8.0 and any latest updates that … Continue reading MMUG19: Multi-instances with Galera Cluster and MySQL 8.0 on 25th April in Madrid
If you’re in Barcelona next week you may be interested in the MySQL Meetup being held there by the Barcelona MySQL Meetup group on Wednesday 7th July at 7pm. I’ll be doing a talk on MySQL Failover and Orchestration and there will be opportunity to talk about MySQL and related topics afterwards. More information can … Continue reading Barcelona MySQL Users Group Meetup on 5th July
- I’m thrilled to naturally be at Percona Live Europe Amsterdam from Oct 3-5 2016. I have previously talked about some of my sessions but I think there’s another one on the schedule already.
- LinuxCon Europe – Oct 4-6 2016. I won’t be there for the whole conference, but hope to make the most of my day on Oct 6th.
- MariaDB Developer’s meeting – Oct 6-8 2016 – skipping the first day, but will be there all day 2 and 3. I even have a session on day 3, focused on compatibility with MySQL, a topic I deeply care about ( …
A few events, but mostly circling around London:
- Open collaboration – an O’Reilly Online Conference, at 10am PT, Tuesday September 13 2016 – I’m going to be giving a new talk titled Forking Successfully. I’ve seen how the platform works, and I’m looking forward to trying this method out (its like a webminar but not quite!)
- September MySQL London Meetup – I’m going to focus on MySQL, a branch, Percona Server and the fork MariaDB Server. This will be interesting because one of the reasons you don’t see a huge Emacs/XEmacs push after about 20 years? Feature parity. And the work that’s going into MySQL 8.0 is mighty interesting.
I just created the Budapest MySQL Meetup group. I hope there will be interest for that, the first event is under organising. Check it if you are near Budapest!
I know this is a tad late, but there have been some changes, etc. recently, so apologies for the delay of this post. I still hope to meet many of you to chat about MySQL/Percona Server/MariaDB Server, MongoDB, open source databases, and open source in general in the remainder of August 2016.
- LinuxCon+ContainerCon North America – August 22-24 2016 – Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada – I’ll be speaking about lessons one can learn from database failures and enjoying the spectacle that is the 25th anniversary of Linux!
- Chicago MySQL Meetup Group – August 29 2016 – Vivid Seats, Chicago, IL – more lessons from database failures here, and I’m looking forward to meeting users, etc. in the Chicago area
- Texas LinuxFest – July 8-9 2016 – Austin, Texas – I’ve never spoken at this event before but have heard great things about it. I’ve got a morning talk about what’s in MariaDB Server 10.1, and what’s coming in 10.2.
- db tech showcase – July 13-15 2016 – Tokyo, Japan – I’ve regularly spoken at this event and its a case of a 100% pure database conference, with a very captive audience. I’ll be talking about the lessons one can learn from other people’s database failures (this is the kind of talk that keeps on changing and getting better as the software improves).
10 Older Entries »