I just created the Budapest MySQL Meetup group. I hope there will be interest for that, the first event is under organising. Check it if you are near Budapest!
I know this is a tad late, but there have been some changes, etc. recently, so apologies for the delay of this post. I still hope to meet many of you to chat about MySQL/Percona Server/MariaDB Server, MongoDB, open source databases, and open source in general in the remainder of August 2016.
- LinuxCon+ContainerCon North America – August 22-24 2016 – Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada – I’ll be speaking about lessons one can learn from database failures and enjoying the spectacle that is the 25th anniversary of Linux!
- Chicago MySQL Meetup Group – August 29 2016 – Vivid Seats, Chicago, IL – more lessons from database failures here, and I’m looking forward to meeting users, etc. in the Chicago area
- Texas LinuxFest – July 8-9 2016 – Austin, Texas – I’ve never spoken at this event before but have heard great things about it. I’ve got a morning talk about what’s in MariaDB Server 10.1, and what’s coming in 10.2.
- db tech showcase – July 13-15 2016 – Tokyo, Japan – I’ve regularly spoken at this event and its a case of a 100% pure database conference, with a very captive audience. I’ll be talking about the lessons one can learn from other people’s database failures (this is the kind of talk that keeps on changing and getting better as the software improves).
I’m happy to be back in London in May 2016, to talk at two events:
- The London MySQL Meetup Group – Monday May 9 – 6.30 PM – 9.00 PM – options for High Availability in the ecosystem that one would consider today. This is a cut down from my Percona Live tutorial, which had about 88 registered attendees and about that amount showed up and asked questions even through the break and after. I had a lot of fun, and I expect I will have similar fun in London talking about this area that has changed a lot in recent times.
- Data for the Enterprise – MariaDB Roadshow in London – Wednesday, May 11, 2016 from 9:30 AM to 2:00 …
We had the first MariaDB Berlin Meetup on Tuesday 12.04.2016 at the Wikimedia Berlin offices at 7pm. More or less there were over 54 people that attended the event, a mix of MariaDB Corporation employees and community members. We competed with the entertainment at the AWS Summit Berlin which was apparently about 400m away! Food and drink were enjoyed by all, and most importantly there were many, many lightning talks (minimum 5 minutes, maximum 10 minutes – most were about 6-7 minutes long).
The bonus of all of this? Lots and lots of slides for you to see. Grab them from the Google Drive folder MariaDB Berlin meetup April 2016.
- Monty talked …
Come meet the MariaDB Server and MariaDB MaxScale developers in Berlin (April 12 2016), talk about new upcoming things in MariaDB Server 10.2, as well as the next MariaDB MaxScale releases. Let’s not forget the talks about the upcoming developments with the Connectors.
It will be a fun-filled, information-packed night. Food & drink will be provided.
For more information and the opportunity to RSVP check-out our meetup page. RSVP soon as we only have 99 spaces available.
If you are in Helsinki on Thursday next week March 17th, join us for the MariaDB meetup at Solinor. MariaDB team members will present the latest on MariaDB 10.1, MaxScale and MariaDB’s future roadmap. On stage Rasmus Johansson VP Engineering, MariaDB Corporation and Johan Wikman & Markus Mäkelä, developers of MaxScale. See the meetup page […]
Last week we had the MySQL Meetup with MariaDB Developers in Amsterdam, which went on easily for about 3.5 hours. Thanks to all for listening (these were lightning talks, not with a strict 5 minute clock with Q&A thrown in), and Daniël van Eeden for organising this at the eBay offices (whom kindly provided pizza, beer and soft drinks as well). We had many talks, and I’ve managed to put up most of the slides into a Google Drive folder, so feel free to access the …[Read more]
Many of you are coming to San Francisco next week for Oracle OpenWorld 2015 and many of you have already booked time on your calendars on Wednesday evening before the appreciation event. You are right — the Annual Oracle Bloggers Meetup, one of your favorite events of the OpenWorld, is happening at usual place and time!
What: Oracle Bloggers Meetup 2015.
When: Wed, 28-Oct-2015, 5:30pm.[Read more]
MariaDB 10.1 shipped a few days ago, so it’s now a good time to focus on another important event. Last week we had a three day MariaDB developers meeting. It took place in Amsterdam (Oct 13-15). Meetings like this tend to have a great impact on the roadmap of the product. Booking.com was very kind […]