- I’m thrilled to naturally be at Percona Live Europe Amsterdam from Oct 3-5 2016. I have previously talked about some of my sessions but I think there’s another one on the schedule already.
- LinuxCon Europe – Oct 4-6 2016. I won’t be there for the whole conference, but hope to make the most of my day on Oct 6th.
- MariaDB Developer’s meeting – Oct 6-8 2016 – skipping the first day, but will be there all day 2 and 3. I even have a session on day 3, focused on compatibility with MySQL, a topic I deeply care about ( …
2 Older Entries »
A few events, but mostly circling around London:
- Open collaboration – an O’Reilly Online Conference, at 10am PT, Tuesday September 13 2016 – I’m going to be giving a new talk titled Forking Successfully. I’ve seen how the platform works, and I’m looking forward to trying this method out (its like a webminar but not quite!)
- September MySQL London Meetup – I’m going to focus on MySQL, a branch, Percona Server and the fork MariaDB Server. This will be interesting because one of the reasons you don’t see a huge Emacs/XEmacs push after about 20 years? Feature parity. And the work that’s going into MySQL 8.0 is mighty interesting.
Just a few days ago, I presented at the MariaDB Roadshow in London, and I had a lot of fun. While I had canned slides, I did know the topic intimately well, so it was good to get further in-depth. In addition, we had these MasterMind sessions, basically the place to get one-on-one time with Anders/Luisa/or me, I noticed that pretty much everyone said they were buying services afterwards (which more or less must mean the event was rather successful from that standpoint!).
In addition to that, I was happy to see that from attendee feedback, I did have the highest averages – thank you!
So here’s to repeating this in Paris next week — Gestion des données pour les applications vitales – …[Read more]
I’m happy to be back in London in May 2016, to talk at two events:
- The London MySQL Meetup Group – Monday May 9 – 6.30 PM – 9.00 PM – options for High Availability in the ecosystem that one would consider today. This is a cut down from my Percona Live tutorial, which had about 88 registered attendees and about that amount showed up and asked questions even through the break and after. I had a lot of fun, and I expect I will have similar fun in London talking about this area that has changed a lot in recent times.
- Data for the Enterprise – MariaDB Roadshow in London – Wednesday, May 11, 2016 from 9:30 AM to 2:00 …
I’m currently wrapping up last things in the office to be prepared for my presentation about MySQL-Statsd at the Percona Live London conference next week. It will be a revised version of the talk I gave at the Percona Live Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, but this time it will be more focussed to the practical side and, obviously, the MySQL-Statsd daemon we open sourced recently, so if you missed that talk or think a follow up is needed you should definitely attend! Slides will also become immediately available after the talk.
I’m also looing forward to attend a lot of other talks, for instance The Shard Revisited: Tools and Techniques Used at Etsy and …[Read more]
After a long pause in the speaking game, I am back.
It's since April that I haven't been on stage, and it is now time to resume my public duties.
- I will speak at MySQL Connect in San Francisco, just at the start of Oracle Open World, with a talk on MySQL High Availability: Power and Usability. It is about the cool technology that is keeping me busy here at Continuent, which can make life really easy for DBAs. This talk will be a demo fest. If you are attending MySQL Connect, you should see it!
- A happy return for me. On October 27th I will talk about open source databases and the pleasures of command line operations at …
Thank you very much if you attended my session at the Percona
Live MySQL Conference!
I promised some people to share my slides, so I posted them on the page at Percona:
Spil Games: Outgrowing an internet startup (Percona Live MySQL Conference 2012) on SlideShare
Click here if you need a direct link
My opinion of the conference is that it was amazing! The conference was very well organized, the atmosphere was great and I met so many great people that I had a tough time remembering all their names and companies. The contents of all talks were really well balanced and most of the ones I attended were very interesting.
The most interesting talk of the conference was the …[Read more]
I’ll be presenting on/demoing MySQL Cluster 7.2 at this free breakfast seminar in Oracle’s London office on 25th April – starting with coffee at 9:00 and ending with lunch at 13:00 (quite a generous take on “breakfast”!). Space is limited and so if you would like to attend then register early here.
As well as MySQL Cluster there will be …[Read more]
I will be a speaker at Percona Live - London 2011, and I am looking
forward to the event, which is packed with great content. A
whopping 40 session of MySQL content, plus 3 keynotes and 14
tutorials. It's enough to keep every MySQL enthusiast busy.
Continuent speakers will be particularly busy, as between me
and Robert Hodges, we will be on stage four times
on Tuesday, October 25th.
We have two engineers from SkySQL who will be talking at the
MySQL London Meetup on the 18th July and we
welcome anyone who wants to chat to us to sign-up and come
I (Andrew Hutchings) will be giving a talk on Drizzle (a database server that originated as a fork of MySQL) and mydumper (a multi-threaded, high-performance dump/restore toolset for MySQL).
We also have Mark Riddoch coming along to talk about the work on our Reference Architecture toolset.
There will also be other representatives of SkySQL there and we will be hanging around in the pub afterwards to talk about anything in the MySQL ecosystem.
2 Older Entries »