Today we will see how to use MySQL Database Service aka MDS with WordPress.
To achieve this easy task, we will use the architecture we already deployed in this article.
We have then two Compute Instances on OCI, 1 running WordPress (Apache and PHP) and one running MySQL 8.0.
This is how we will proceed to migrate to MDS with minimal maintenance time, we will:
- create a MDS instance
- verify if the database is ready to act as replication source
- dump the MySQL instance running on OCI for being migrated to MDS.
- load the dump in MDS
- create a user dedicated to the replication
- create a replication channel on MDS (from OCI to MDS)
- modify WordPress config to point to MDS
Create a MDS …[Read more]