Today we’re pleased to announce the availability of MariaDB Galera Cluster!
With this release, we’re addressing the numerous requests we’ve received over the past few months for a MariaDB-based Galera Cluster. MariaDB, the more reliable, performant, feature-complete & backwards compatible MySQL database becomes even more attractive by making it available for Galera Cluster.
What is it?
- A straight merge of MariaDB 5.5.25 with Galera Cluster by Codership
- An alpha release which should not be used in production environments
- Using the Galera replication methodology, users get:
- Synchronous, multi-master replication with guaranteed data consistency
- This solution provides both read & write scalability