In an earlier post, the pursuit of openness, I announced that MySQL is working at a new release model.
There are still a few details to sort out, but the general plan is ready. The new release model has been approved and starts to operate immediately.
The basic principles of this model are:
- The trunk is always at least in beta quality.
- A milestone starts in beta quality ( never in alpha) with a merge between the trunk and a stage tree;
- Milestone releases, with RC quality, released every three to six months.
- Integration windows between milestones allow the insertion of new features from stage trees
- GA releases happen every 12 to 18 months;
- There are not more than two releases in active …