I have rehashed a list of useful reporting queries from my blog
which I hope people would find useful for their business or
clients. These are not MySQL specific, by any means.
- What is the total revenue (by segments)? - You are looking for 'peaks and troughs'. For example, found a peak season? you can plan better for it next year. Found an off-season? perhaps offer some deals for that period.
- What is the total placed orders, completed orders and abandoned/uncompleted orders?
- What is the total paid revenue vs outstanding orders?
- What is the total number of returned/cancelled orders and lost revenue from them?
Products (Best Sellers)
- Which are the top 20% best selling products? (businesses love 80/20 comparisons and if you look at reports a lot, you will too)
- Which are the products that our best customers keep …