10 Older Entries »
Here’s the behind-the-scenes story about how Uber Engineering’s Driver Team continues to develop our virtual onboarding funnel to get hundreds of thousands of driver-partners on the road earning money with Uber.
The Consequences of Scale for Driver-Partners
Our team cares …
The post How Uber Engineering Massively Scaled Global Driver Onboarding appeared first on Uber Engineering Blog.
I found this very simple yet very clear list of principles that
can be kept in mind while developing for the web.
Excerpt from above link:
"As web developers, we are responsible for shaping the experiences of user's online lives. By making choices that are ethical and user-centered, we create a better web for everyone."
Hope it helps and guides us in creating a better web for everyone :)
Improving the performance of a web system involves knowledge of how the entire technology stack operates and interacts. There are many simple and common tips that can provide immediate improvements for a website. Some examples include:
- Using a CDN for assets
- Compressing content
- Making fewer requests (web, cache, database)
- Asynchronous management
- Optimizing your SQL statements
- Have more memory
- Using SSD’s for database servers
- Updating your software versions
- Adding more servers
- Configuring your software correctly
- … And the general checklist goes on
Understanding where to invest your energy first, knowing what the return on investment can be, and most importantly the measurement and verification of every change made is the difference between blind trial and error and a solid plan and process. …[Read more]
Understanding and installling the components of the LAMP stack are the first steps to learning the role of Linux, the Apache Server, MySQL and PHP in developing web applications. To learn more, take the MySQL and PHP - Developing Dynamic Web Application training course.
You can take this 4-day, instructor-led course as a:
- Live-Virtual Event: Take this class from your own desk, no travel required. Choose from events already on the schedule to suit different time-zones. These events are delivered in English.
- In-Class Event: Travel to an education center to take this class, for example at
When you use MySQL and PHP, a PHP script can retrieve data from a MySQL database to display on the web page before the page is returned to the client. Such pages are known as dynamic web pages and can perform multiple actions including sending e-mails, embedding other web page content and interacting with databases.
To learn more about developing on the web with MySQL and PHP, take the MySQL and PHP: Developing Dynamic Web Applications course. You can take this 4-day live instructor-led course as a:
- Live-Virtual Event: Attend a live event from your own desk - no travel required. Choose from a selection of your events already on the schedule including 22nd July, 9th September and 27th October 2014.
- In-Class Event: …
To create dynamic web pages, you can use PHP, a server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language. PHP is available for most operating systems and can access the MySQL database. PHP provides MySQL API extensions, MySQL Improved Extension and MySQL Functions.
Through a hands-on approach, this 4-day instructor-led course …[Read more]
Join Web and Telecom companies who have adopted MySQL Cluster to facilitate application in the following areas:
- High volume OLTP
- User profile management
- Session management and caching
- Content management
- On-line gaming
- Subscriber databases (HLR/HSS)
- Service deliver platforms
- VAS: VoIP, IPTV and VoD
- Mobile content delivery
- Mobile payments
- LTE access
To come up to speed on MySQL Cluster, take the 3-day MySQL Cluster training course. Events already on the schedule include:
I will change my host provider within a month. I’ve been using Midphase for several years and have decided to use Linode as my next virtual private service provider. I will move this site there in the next few weeks. This will be my first time moving a domain and I hope the transfer will be smooth without too much down time. After all, I know my readers worldwide are hanging on to every word I type and deserve a site that runs 24 by 7
Since I will have total control of this host, I decided to use Tengine, a great fork of the Nginx web/proxy server. Here is my note on how to compile and config Tengine on Debian/Ubuntu, and then setup WordPress. During my study and testing, the following sites are pretty helpful.[Read more]
Learn to design web-based applications with MySQL and PHP - Developing Dynamic Web Applications. In this 4-day live, instructor-led class, you will learn to:
- Design schemas based on MySQL
- Use include files to make code easier to maintain
- Use PHP 5 and takes advantage of its advanced features
- Build applications following a precise flow
- Authenticate users in a secure way against a database
- Handle errors in your PHP applications efficiently and gracefully
- Writes composite queries using JOINs and subqueries
- Use indexing efficiently in order to manipulate large amounts of data efficiently
- Uses joins to extract data from multiple tables …
10 Older Entries »