So over the years, we all learn more and more about what we like
and use often in MySQL.
Currently, I step in and out of a robust about of different systems. I love it being able to see how different companies use MySQL. I also see several aspect and settings that often get missed. So here are a few things I think should always be set and they not impact your MySQL database.
At a high level:
- >Move the Slow log to a table
- Set report_host_name
- Set master & slaves to use tables
- Turn off log_queries_not_using_indexes until needed
- Side note -- USE ALGORITHM=INPLACE
- Side note -- USE mysql_config_editor
- Side note -- USE mysql_upgrade --upgrade-system-tables
Move the Slow log to a …