- nobarrier isn't supported as a mount option for XFS in kernel 4.13.0-26 with Ubuntu 16.04. I assume this isn't limited to Ubuntu. Read this for more detail on the change.
- write throughput is much worse on my SSD without nobarrier
- there is no error on the command line when mounting a device that uses the nobarrier option
- there is an error message in dmesg output for this
There might be two workarounds:
- switch from XFS to ext4
- echo "write through" > /sys/block/$device/queue/write_cache
I have a …