Overview The Skinny
In this blog post we will define what a split-brain scenario means in a MySQL database cluster, and then explore how a Tungsten MySQL database cluster reacts to a split-brain situation.
Agenda What’s Here?
- Define the term “split-brain”
- Briefly explore how the Tungsten Manager works to monitor the cluster health and prevent data corruption in the event of a network partition
- Also explore how the Tungsten Connector works to route writes
- Describe how a Tungsten MySQL database cluster reacts to a split-brain situation
- Illustrate various testing and recovery procedures
Split-Brain: Definition and Impact Sounds scary, and it is!
A split-brain occurs when a MySQL database cluster which normally has …[Read more]