In this blog post, we’ll look at the performance of SST data transfer using encryption.
In my previous post, we reviewed SST data transfer in an unsecured environment. Now let’s take a closer look at a setup with encrypted network connections between the donor and joiner nodes.
The base setup is the same as the previous time:
- Database server: Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 on donor node
- Database: sysbench database – 100 tables 4M rows each (total ~122GB)
- Network: donor/joiner hosts are connected with dedicated 10Gbit LAN
- Hardware: donor/joiner hosts – boxes with 28 Cores+HT/RAM 256GB/Samsung SSD 850/Ubuntu 16.04
The setup details for the encryption aspects in our testing:
- Cryptography libraries: openssl-1.0.2, …