Data migration is a tiresome task requiring a great deal of manual activity. In this article, we will examine how to migrate MySQL data to the Oracle server, using Data Export feature built-in dbForge for MySQL products. In the given worked example, we will move data from the actor table and the query result from […]
I'm very pleased to be able to announce the immediate
availability of the Open Data Export Layer (ODXL) for SAP/HANA!
Executive summaryODXL is a framework that provides
generic data export capabilities for the SAP/HANA platform. ODXL
is implemented as a xsjs Web service that understands OData web requests, and delivers a response by
means of a pluggable data output handler. Developers can use ODXL
as a back-end component, or even as a global instance-wide
service to provide clean, performant and extensible data export
capabilities for their SAP/HANA applications.
Currently, ODXL …
A comma-separated values (CSV) file is a simple file format that is widely supported, so it is often used to move tabular data between different computer programs that support the format. CSV file is a text format for a database table. Each record in the table is one line of the text file. Each field value of a record is separated from the next with a comma. For example, a CSV file might be used to transfer information from a database to a spreadsheet or another database. Of course, there are more advanced formats to store data, for example, XML, but CSV does have one advantage over XML. CSV has much lower overhead, thereby using much less bandwidth and storage than XML.
Now let’s analyse how one can save data from a MySQL table to a CSV file.
The first and very likely the easiest way is to change Storage Engine to CSV and save it to some archived file …
In this article we describe benefits and shortcomings of different ways of exporting data from a MySQL table to the CSV format.
Changes (as compared to 4.50.308) include:
* Removed spaces in the integer and float format in Data Export wizard (T23612)
* Fixed NullReferenceException on saving a database project with opened table editors (T23519)
* Fixed NullReferenceException on deleting a table from a database with an opened inactive editor (T56081)
* Fixed NullReferenceException on auto hiding a tool window (T56033)
* Added possibility to edit a definer for triggers in the trigger editor (T23357)
* Fixed problem with BINARY(16) column type on selecting its data to the Data Editor (T23292)
* Fixed problem with empty gray windows after editing a table in the modal editor from Database Designer (T23164, T23018)
* Fixed link on the first page in the product tour (55629)
* Fixed syntax checking for some constructions in CREATE TABLE statements (55161)
* Fixed lost connection on …