Today’s Great Open Cloud Shootout was great fun — at least for me! I had the pleasure to tease these distinguished gentlemen with cloudy questions:
- Lew Tucker, Cloud CTO, Sun Microsystems
- Monty Taylor, MySQL Drizzle Geek, Sun Microsystems
- Jeremy Zawodny, MySQL hacker, craigslist
- Chander Kant, CEO, Zmanda
- Thorsten von Eicken, CTO, RightScale
- Prashant Malik, Cassandra Dude, Facebook
- Mike Culver, Evangelist, Amazon Web Services
I tried to provoke the panelists with questions around some areas I had thought out:
- So, what is a cloud anyway?
- Who is the cloud for?
- Why use the cloud?
- Cloud adoption barriers
- Are there cloud standards?
- Cloud Business Opportunities
- Cloud Competition
- Databases & Clouds …