This LED-cube pulls a number of tricks to get the most out of just a single normal Arduino Uno. A meager 16 MHz and 2048 bytes of RAM goes a long way with sufficient ingenuity and creativity. Here are some highlights:
- 12-bit PWM, 16 grayscales non-linear.
- Animations generated on-board, read from SD-card, or streamed over USB.
- 178 Hz refresh rate, transferring 3 Mbits/s of data to the LED driver shift registers.
- 50 Hz animation framerate, receiving 269kbit/s of animation data over the serial port.
- Approximately half of spare CPU time available for on-board generation of …