First, congratulations Oracle on the GA of MySQL 5.6! Well done!
In this post I walkthrough the features of the first two alpha versions of MariaDB 10.0. The first, 10.0.0-alpha, which was made available in November, and 10.0.1-alpha that saw daylight yesterday. I will go through the features by placing them in the following categories:
- MariaDB 10.0-only Features (features that aren’t in MySQL 5.6)
- MariaDB 10.0 Merged Features (features merged from MySQL 5.6)
- MariaDB 10.0 Reimplemented Features (features reimplemented from features in MySQL 5.6)
- MariaDB 5.x Features now in MySQL 5.6 (features introduced in earlier MariaDB versions which have now been introduced in MySQL 5.6)
- MariaDB 5.x Features Backported from MySQL 5.6 (features introduced in earlier MariaDB versions which were backports of features from MySQL 5.6 development …