- I’m thrilled to naturally be at Percona Live Europe Amsterdam from Oct 3-5 2016. I have previously talked about some of my sessions but I think there’s another one on the schedule already.
- LinuxCon Europe – Oct 4-6 2016. I won’t be there for the whole conference, but hope to make the most of my day on Oct 6th.
- MariaDB Developer’s meeting – Oct 6-8 2016 – skipping the first day, but will be there all day 2 and 3. I even have a session on day 3, focused on compatibility with MySQL, a topic I deeply care about ( …
We had the first MariaDB Berlin Meetup on Tuesday 12.04.2016 at the Wikimedia Berlin offices at 7pm. More or less there were over 54 people that attended the event, a mix of MariaDB Corporation employees and community members. We competed with the entertainment at the AWS Summit Berlin which was apparently about 400m away! Food and drink were enjoyed by all, and most importantly there were many, many lightning talks (minimum 5 minutes, maximum 10 minutes – most were about 6-7 minutes long).
The bonus of all of this? Lots and lots of slides for you to see. Grab them from the Google Drive folder MariaDB Berlin meetup April 2016.
- Monty talked …
Come meet the MariaDB Server and MariaDB MaxScale developers in Berlin (April 12 2016), talk about new upcoming things in MariaDB Server 10.2, as well as the next MariaDB MaxScale releases. Let’s not forget the talks about the upcoming developments with the Connectors.
It will be a fun-filled, information-packed night. Food & drink will be provided.
For more information and the opportunity to RSVP check-out our meetup page. RSVP soon as we only have 99 spaces available.
I have a few speaking engagements coming up in April 2016, and I hope to see you at some of these events. I’m always available to talk shop (opensource, MariaDB Server, MySQL, etc.) so looking forward to saying hi.
- A short talk at the MariaDB Berlin Meetup on April 12 2016 – this should be fun if you’re in Berlin as you’ll see many people from the MariaDB Server and MariaDB MaxScale world talk about what they’re doing for the next releases.
- rootconf.in – April 14-15 2016, tutorial day on 16 – I’ve not been to India since about 2011, so I’m looking forward to this trip to Bangalore (and my first time to a HasGeek event). Getting the email from the conference chair was very nice, and I believe I’m giving a keynote and a tutorial. …
If you happen to be around at this years LinuxTag 2011 in Berlin/Germany, you are invited to attend my short talk on MariaDB as a drop-in replacement for MySQL. The talk focusses on differences between MySQL Community Edition and MariaDB … Weiterlesen →
I'll be speaking at IPC Spring in Berlin between May 31 and June 2
this year. My talk is on MySQL partitioning. It will have more
information than the talk I did at ConFoo in March. The talk will
be on Tuesday, June 1st.
If you're in or around Berlin at that time, drop in.
Yesterday, I was invited to hold a presentation at the Berlin Open ‘09 Open Source event. This was related to earlier activities, such as the Open Source Yearbook published by professor Berndt Lutterbeck of the Technical University of Berlin. Professor Lutterbeck was also the main organiser behind Berlin Open.
After some, ehh, logistic challenges (a scenic detour over Alexandersplatz), I got to the Marshall House at Messe Berlin and met with the hosts. A well organised event, with lots of twitterings under http://twitter.com/berlinopen, and plenty of good …[Read more]
I asked for a performance review from my boss a while ago, and I
got it on Tuesday. It was all good news. There is something clear
that I need to work on, which is much, much better than having
nowhere to improve :)
My manager said that he is happy with my work and that I have been quite innovative.
I've been getting up around 7:00 in the morning, showering, shaving, dressing, and getting to the MySQL offices around 7:45 - 8:30 (depending on whether I have breakfast at the hotel.)
When I get to the offices, I try to get all of the internet-related work (grabbing libraries, header files I'll need, programs I need to work on, etc) on to my system.
I also try to call hannahadams and remind her how much I miss her. I tell …
I'm in Germany. Crazy.
I'm putting images up on my gallery page now, but it's slow going. It seems that I keep bringing down my co-worker's network whenever I push a lot of bandwidth over it.
I have not asked my co-worker if I can mention him on my blog yet, so I will not mention his name; But, I would like to publicly share my gratitude. He has been very kind and helped me find my way around his country very adeptly.
He suggested a very nice hotel for me, only moments from his office and home, was kind enough to invite me on an outing last weekend with his children to a local lake, keeps me hydrated (Have I mentioned how uhm... different Berlin water is than Washingtonian water?), lets me invade his network, and keeps me very well informed about MySQL, SAP and MaxDB.
I miss you all. Please comment so I have some sort of tenuous grip with home. I'm getting a little homesick.