- I’m thrilled to naturally be at Percona Live Europe Amsterdam from Oct 3-5 2016. I have previously talked about some of my sessions but I think there’s another one on the schedule already.
- LinuxCon Europe – Oct 4-6 2016. I won’t be there for the whole conference, but hope to make the most of my day on Oct 6th.
- MariaDB Developer’s meeting – Oct 6-8 2016 – skipping the first day, but will be there all day 2 and 3. I even have a session on day 3, focused on compatibility with MySQL, a topic I deeply care about ( …
I know this is a tad late, but there have been some changes, etc. recently, so apologies for the delay of this post. I still hope to meet many of you to chat about MySQL/Percona Server/MariaDB Server, MongoDB, open source databases, and open source in general in the remainder of August 2016.
- LinuxCon+ContainerCon North America – August 22-24 2016 – Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada – I’ll be speaking about lessons one can learn from database failures and enjoying the spectacle that is the 25th anniversary of Linux!
- Chicago MySQL Meetup Group – August 29 2016 – Vivid Seats, Chicago, IL – more lessons from database failures here, and I’m looking forward to meeting users, etc. in the Chicago area
I’m excited to be at LinuxCon North America in Seattle next week (August 17-19 2015). I’ve spoken at many LinuxCon events, and this one won’t be any different. Part of the appeal of the conference is being able to visit a new place every year.
MariaDB Corporation will have a booth, so you’ll always be able to see friendly Rod Allen camped there. In between talks and meetings, there will also be Max Mether and quite possibly all the other folk that live in Seattle (Kolbe Kegel, Patrick Crews, Gerry Narvaja).
For those in the database space, don’t forget to come attend some of our talks (represented by …[Read more]
It seems there’s lot of activity in Barcelona, Spain in the coming weeks. Lenz Grimmer talks about speaking at LinuxCon Europe (Nov 5-9), where the conference really runs from Nov 5-7. I’m happy to be speaking about MariaDB on the 5th. Monty Program & SkySQL are joint-booth-sponsors of this event, so expect there to be a presence for Q&A at the booths.
While I wish I can stay on for the meetup organized by …[Read more]
A couple of us have been taking about it a lot already .. we
wanted to host a one day #devops event in .be already last year..
then talks about starting a meetup group started again with
@wonko_be but it was @fs111 pushing the final button and calling
the rest of the .be community to order, we've set a date
and the first session will take place (agenda still needs to be detirmined)
So all you Belgian devops enthousiasts, maark October 11th in your calendar and go register here
We already have 2 other venues (Gent, Boom) lined up .. but let's get this first one started :)
Next to that here's an update for the rest of my upcoming Conference Season :
- Later this month I`ll be heading to San Francisco for a talk at PuppetConf 2012. I'll probably be around in the valley a bit …
As Patrik noted last week, MariaDB is taking a leading role in the trend of keeping the MySQL ecosystem an open one. The SkySQL and MariaDB teams work together closely on this, and we even travel together!
Join both SkySQL and MariaDB at this week’s LinuxCon North America conference in sunny San Diego to learn more about how MariaDB is directly communicating with users (including SkySQL enterprise customers) to not only identify and help fix issues with current releases of the MySQL database, but to also further enhance MariaDB to become even more technologically advanced.
A big week for conferences in Europe this week. We’re starting it off at Percona Live London 2011 (see previous post), with both Sergei Golubchik and Colin Charles presenting talks on Tuesday 25 October 2011.
Right after, we’re headed to LinuxCon Europe, where Colin Charles will discuss The MySQL Diaspora and how there exists much choice for people today (it is not just stock MySQL one can use nowadays).
Monty Program is sponsoring both Percona Live London as well as LinuxCon Europe. We’ll be having a booth at LinuxCon Europe, probably right next to our friends SkySQL, as we did at LinuxCon North America (Vancouver).
Monty Program and SkySQL have decided to be good corporate citizens to the Linux Foundation and have decided to sponsor a few of their LinuxCon events. We will be at LinuxCon Japan, happening June 1-3 2011 in Yokohama, Japan.
It’s my first LinuxCon, so if anyone has tips, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments. Cheers!