I’ve seen some interest in trying to get LuaSocket working with MySQL Proxy, and most of those interested have run into issues getting this set up, so I want to provide a brief walk-through on how to get this set-up and working properly.
Note I tested this on Windows, so use .so instead of .dll on *nix systems.
1. Download LuaSocket (contains lua/ and lib/ directories)
2. Copy contents of ‘lua/’ into the following directory:
3. Copy contents of ‘lib/’ into the following directory:
4. In step #3, you should have copied a ‘socket/’ and ‘mime/’ directories into bin/. Rename the directory named “socket” to “lua-socket”. This will get you past one set of errors.
5. Next, in the C:Program …[Read more]