(yeah, this company is going to have to get used to the Austin Powers references.)
I have been speaking with Groovy for a few months, and while the press release is a bit noisy there is actually some interesting stuff in it.
First, an overview
- They are an in memory RDBMS
- They have worked with Intel to architect from the ground up for large multi processor concurrency
- Initially they are launching as a multi-core appliance
- They claim 200,000 sql operations per second from a single box
- They are proprietary (not built on MySQL or any other open source …