Recently some customers running on Amazon EC2 asked me how to
configure a HA environment for their ScaleBase instance.
For instance, let’s look at the following architecture:
To ensure that Scalebase is not a single point of failure, several ScaleBase instances can be used – so if one crashes, other instances can handle its connections.
This is quite simple to do:
- Start the EC2 instance to be used for the ScaleBase
- Install MySQL on the machine and follow the database preparation instructions defined in the ScaleBase installation guide.
- Install ScaleBase with the –mode=ALL parameter.
- Create an EC2 instance that will be used as an AMI for
all ScaleBase installations.
- Download and install ScaleBase …