Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Planet MySQL?
- How often does Planet MySQL update?
- Which blogs are appropriate for Planet MySQL?
- Which blogs are not appropriate for Planet MySQL?
Planet MySQL is an aggregation of blogs and news from the MySQL community and Oracle's MySQL Team. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle.
We update several times an hour. New entries are added to the local archive, and updates to existing are also detected and processed (posts timestamped more than one hour in the future are ignored). The front page and RSS 2.0 feed are then generated statically, to have an optimal response time and reduce server load. The main page displays the latest 10 entries (paged, you can browse), the RSS feed contains the latest 50 entries.
Planet MySQL is for blogs that promote the use of MySQL.
The following blogs are not appropriate for Planet MySQL, and will be rejected:
- blogs that promote the use of competitor databases (including blogs by competitors and their employees)
- blogs that intentionally misspell competitor names to by-pass filters for competitors