- Product options
- MySQL Enterprise Backup
- LVM/SAN Snapshot
- Filesystem copy
- Binary log backup …
10 Older Entries »
Oracle Open World 2016 has just finished in San Francisco and we are now about to embark on Percona Live Europe in Amsterdam. I offered a presentation in San Francisco on the MySQL X protocol, the new protocol that Oracle is using to make the DocumentStore work. This new protocol also allow you to send … Continue reading OOW16 talk – MySQL X protocol – Talking to MySQL directly over the Wire
At our September 2016 New York City MySQL Meetup was a demonstration of how to implement role-based security in MySQL using Hexatier. In addition, several other important security features demonstrated included role based dynamic data masking down to a per column level and full statement auditing.
Thanks to Scott Unrick, Lead Database Administrator at Teladoc for the great presentation. Slides are available here.[Read more]
The schedule to Percona Live Europe 2016 is being finalized. It should be published soon, and it will include 3 hour and 6 hour tutorials, regular 50-minute talks, and shorter 25-minutes talks. It will not include, however, the lightning talks, a session comprising several 5-minute talks, and they are missing from the initial schedule for two reasons:
- We want to offer a chance to all attendees to propose a lightning talk for some time. We would like to have more quality material to choose from.
- They will not be in the conference venue. Instead, they will be hosted at Booking, during the community dinner.
Unlike in previous editions, though, the lightning talks will …[Read more]
Yesterday I was giving a presentation about Docker in Buenos Aires, and as usual I included a long live demo. Almost all went as expected. There was one step that I tried some time ago, and had always worked well, but when I tried to repeat it on stage, it failed miserably:
- Step 1: run the container
$ docker run -d --name mybox -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=secret mysql/mysql-server …
At our August meetup, our guest Calvin Sun gave a presentation on life @ Twitter. Some of the details of his presentation included:
- Information on existing data and storage solutions in operation.
- MySQL 5.6 performance improvements over MySQL 5.5
- The short upgrade cadence, most servers are running 5.6.26.
- Various patches and optimizations developed by Twitter to run at scale.
- Cotton on Mesos
- Best practices
10 Older Entries »