I have been busy lately thanks to my internship project, which almost got screwed up. I was working in a team of 4 people, where we were building a web application, that was initially deployed at JBoss Server using JBoss Eclipse IDE (old version). Also, we had to interact with the centralized Oracle Server to setup our database for running the website.
Now, having being trained on some of those technologies in past few months, I thought it won’t be much of an issue. However, at the beginning of this month, I faced some weird issues which had no obvious answers. There weren’t any silly mistakes either. We were facing some issues with Oracle connectivity. I am not blaming Oracle or the company where we did the project. But, mix of old and new technologies, turned out to be quite confusing resulting in lot of trouble.
We were running out of time, so we decided to migrate our database to MySQL Server and use NetBeans 6.5 IDE, …[Read more]