We designed Percona Cloud Tools (both hardware and software setup) to handle a very high-intensive MySQL write workload. For example, we already observe inserts of 1bln+ datapoints per day. So I wanted to share what kind of hardware we use to achieve this result.
Let me describe what we use, and later I will explain why.
- Chassis: Supermicro SC825TQ-R740LPB 2U Rackmount Chassis
- Motherboard: Supermicro X9DRI-F dual socket
- CPU: Dual Intel Xeon Ivy Bridge E5-2643v2 (6x 3.5Ghz cores, 12x HT cores, 25M L3)
- Memory: 256GB (16x 16GB 256-bit quad-channel) ECC registered DDR3-1600
- Raid: LSI MegaRAID 9260-4i 4-port 6G/s hardware RAID controller, 512M buffer
- MainStorage: PCIe SSD HGST FlashMAX II 4.8TB
- Secondary Storage (OS, logs): RAID 1 over 2x 3TB hard drives