This is a follow-up, troubleshooting article that goes hand-in-hand with my “Building MariaDB 5.1 on Windows Revisited” post, and covers some problems and their solutions that one might encounter when attempting to build MariaDB from source code on Microsoft Windows.
The first error I ran into was this, on my main compile step (i.e., the 2nd cmake command):
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.Cpp Common.targets(151,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1. [C:\mysql\mariadb-5.1.67\bld\scripts\GenFixPrivs.vcxproj]
That in itself doesn’t tell us too much. Searching the full compile output, we find:
Generating ../../scripts/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.Cpp Common.targets(151,5):[Read more...]