Yay! My first blog post! As long as at least 1 person finds it useful, I’ve done my job. Recently, one of my long-term clients was noticing that while their INSERTs were succeeding, a particular column counter was not incrementing. A quick investigation determined the column was of type int(11) and they had reached the maximum value of 2147483647. We fixed this by using pt-online-schema-change to change the column to int(10) unsigned, thus allowing values up to 4294967295.
My client was now concerned about all his other integer-based columns and wanted me to check them all. So I wrote a[Read more...]