How MariaDB ColumnStore Handles Big Data Workloads – Data Loading and Manipulation david_thompson_g Wed, 02/22/2017 - 18:34
MariaDB ColumnStore is a massively parallel scale out columnar database. Data loading and modification behaves somewhat differently from how a row based engine works. This article outlines the options available and how these affect performance.
Data Loading and Manipulation Options
MariaDB ColumnStore provides several options for writing data:
- DML operations: insert, update, delete
- Bulk DML: INSERT INTO … SELECT
- MariaDB Server bulk file load: LOAD DATA INFILE
- ColumnStore bulk data load: cpimport
- ColumnStore bulk delete: ColumnStore partition drop.
ColumnStore supports transactionally consistent insert, update, and delete statements using standard syntax. Performance of …[Read more]