As pointed out by Schlomi Noach on my last blog, MySAR was already taken by a project related to Squid reports with MySQL. I decided then to look for a new name, and as I posted initially, I want to keep the sar prefix to describe the script’s purpose by association with the OS utility of the same name. I brainstormed many names. I liked Dave Edwards’s suggestion: SARkila, but it sounds too close to tequila, so I settled with Sheeri Cabral’s suggestion: sar-sql.
The title of the Launchpad page already reflects the change. What remains to be done is: a) change the name of the Perl script and documentation; and b) change the Launchpad URL. It is likely that I will change the name of the script when I release[Read more...]