Following my previous post, I got some excellent feedback in the forms of comments, tweets and other chat. In no particular order:
- Commenter Tibi noted that ensuring I’m mounting with noatime, nodiratime and nobarrier should all improve performance.
- Commenter benbradley pointed out a missing flag on some of my sysbench tests which will necessitate re-testing.
- Former co-worker @preston4tw suggests looking at different IO schedulers. For all tests past, I used deadline which seems to be best, but re-testing with noop could be useful.
- Fellow DBA @kormoc encouraged me to try many smaller partitions to limit the number of concurrent fsyncs.