This article describes the InnoDB redundant row format. If you are new to InnoDB code base (a new developer starting to work with InnoDB), then this article is for you. I'll explain the row format by making use of a gdb session. An overview of the article is given below:
- Create a simple table and populate few rows.
- Access the page that contains the rows inserted.
- Access a couple of rows and explain its format.
- Give summary of redundant row format.
- Useful gdb commands to analyse the InnoDB rows.
- Look at a GNU Emacs Lisp function to traverse rows in an InnoDB …