As a former Oracle DBA, I know how the system and the database are linked.
The first one who told me that the installation of Oracle has never been a problem is a liar!
Yes, your database and your system are the best of friends, you must respect that.
I’d make a list of linux system settings to configure a MySQL databases server and share my sources with you.
In return, I would like you to share your sources with the community by publishing your tips in the comments.
- This parameter allows to specify how the kernel must manage the memory swap
- Default value : 60 (Range 0 to 100)
- Value to set : 0 (it will swap only to avoid an out of memory condition)
- How to set a new non-persistent value : sysctl -w vm.swappiness=0
- How to store a new persistent