Lately I’ve received a number of SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS outputs with embedded “\n” characters appearing as text, but not true line breaks.
Of course this makes reading a long, INNODB STATUS nearly impossible.
With Linux, you can more easily fix this using sed or awk (or if you have those on Windows w/ gnu or cygwin or the like).
I didn’t have either handy, nor a fancy editor (just using WordPad), but I did have a hex editor handy (necessary for such cases as this).
In the hex editor (I use Freeware Hex Editor XVI32 for Windows), fixing this took about 2 seconds.
I just replaced:
I realize this is a rather specific issue, but in case you run into it, here is