MySQL operations in Docker is a three-hour tutorial, and it will be an expansion of the talk by the same title presented at OOW. Attendees who want to play along can do it, by coming prepared with Docker 1.11 or later and the following images already pulled (images with [+] are mandatory, while [-] are optional):
The schedule to Percona Live Europe 2016 is being finalized. It should be published soon, and it will include 3 hour and 6 hour tutorials, regular 50-minute talks, and shorter 25-minutes talks. It will not include, however, the lightning talks, a session comprising several 5-minute talks, and they are missing from the initial schedule for two reasons:
- We want to offer a chance to all attendees to propose a lightning talk for some time. We would like to have more quality material to choose from.
- They will not be in the conference venue. Instead, they will be hosted at Booking, during the community dinner.
Unlike in previous editions, though, the lightning talks will …[Read more]
The call for participation for Percona Live Data Performance Conference 2016 is still open. Deadline for submission is November 29th.
There are two immediately noticeable novelties in this edition:
- The name change. Not "MySQL & Expo" but "Data Performance Conference." It makes the conference open to a broader set of topics.
- The community voting. Proposals can get evaluated by the community before the review committee takes decisions.
I think it's a good choice. Other conferences adopt the same method. The attendees choose what they want to see and hear. In this case, it's mixed method, where the community voting is used as an indication for the review committee, which, by my understanding, has the final say.
Vote for my proposals!
Below are my proposals. Clicking on the links below …[Read more]
The call for participation for Percona Live MySQL Conference 2014 is still open. As part of the review committee, I will be looking at the proposals, and I hope to see many interesting ones.
There is a novelty in the submission form. In addition to tutorials and regular sessions, now you can submit proposals for lightning talks, to which I am particularly interested, as I have organized the lightning talks in the past two editions, and I am in charge to continue the tradition for the next one.
If you want to be a speaker at the conference, here are some tips to get your proposal accepted:
- Propose a topic that you know well;
- Take some time to write a well thought and meaningful proposal: nothing gets me faster to the rejection button than statements like “I want to talk about X, I will …
I’m excited by all of the recent developments surrounding the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo! Our own Baron Schwartz will moderate the Diamond Keynote Panel entitled “Future Perfect: The Road Ahead for MySQL” which will feature a panel of MySQL industry leaders, including: Sundar Raghavan, director product management at Amazon; Paul Mikesell, CEO of Clustrix; a representative from HP; and, a representative from McAfee. The Diamond Sponsor Keynote Panel will take place at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 12th and provide insight into the future of MySQL technology, adoption, and the ecosystem landscape. I am also very pleased to introduce two new sponsors including McAfee which recently joined as a Diamond Sponsor and AOL which …[Read more]