Leopard 10.5.7 now comes with PHP 5.2.8, I wasn’t aware of this, and it’s caused me a great amount of agony and hair pulling over the past few days. So, for those of you running XAMPP and recently upgraded to 10.5.7 you may want to be aware of this.
When I had installed XAMPP, I had removed the php binaries in /usr/bin, and linked them to their equivalents in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/
10.5.7, removed the php symlink and replaced it with the 5.2.8 binary. This caused all sorts of problems for me, as my tasks stopped working. The fix is simple, just replace the symlink again.
Thought I’d share this with others in the same situation as me. On irc people told me to switch to MAMP, but that’s not solving the problem .